Bearded Collies have a very fine nose, so it is a very good activity for them. But sometimes it can be really boring to wait the whole time, till the search can start. In the highest class it takes 3 hours before the dog is allowed to work! So we have decided to stop the training after Kassie reached the highes level = FH-3. She was always very concentrated and worked with a nice style. This is requested for the level "FH-3":
- search the track of a stranger.
- 3 hours old.
- 1.800 steps.
- 8 straight line, 5x 90° angel, 2 acute angel, 1 bow.
- 8 items, of different materials.
- once another stranger crosses the track.
- the dog has to find the beginning of track in a square of 20x20 meters.
So you see it is really a very nice work in the nature, which built up the concentration and the scent. But you should always have a person with you - not only because the waiting can be very boring, but also because you need another person to lay your track in level 2 + 3.
Passed Examinations of our dogs:
- KASSIE: FH-1 / FH-2 / FH-3.